A while back we wrote here about the next fabric challenge being offered by the MQG. A large number of our members have signed up to participate in the Michael Miller #MQGfabricchallenge and so CanberraMQG will be hosting a challenge within the challenge for our members. Anyone can participate (even those who missed out on the challenge fabrics, guidelines below). To make this one extra super exciting Polka Dot Tea have generously donated a prize to help us celebrate!
The winner will receive TWO METRES of their choice of Michael Miller Cotton Couture fabrics from the Polka Dot Tea range (can be one colour, or any combination of fat quarters, of the winner’s choice).
In addition to the prize, Polka Dot Tea is stocking the complementary range of Cotton Couture solids to tie in with the Michael Miller Petal Pinwheels collection, and is offering CanberraMQG members a heavily discounted rate on these fabrics. The solids are: seafoam, kryptonite, clementine, fog, dirt, and canary.
Members will be sent an email directly in the coming days about the fabric offer and how to order – keep an eye out in your inbox! We can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with using this challenge as inspiration!
From the sponsor:
Polka Dot Tea was started by two quilters with a love for modern, interesting and quirky fabrics. Our aim is to bring you a collection of beautiful fabrics from our favourite designers and manufacturers, including Yuwa, Kei, Lecien, Liberty and others. We are also proud to be stocking a wide range of the gorgeous Cotton Couture solids by Michael Miller fabrics. Cotton Couture solids are quite simply a beautiful fabric to work with, they have a soft, fine hand, and rich, saturated colours. Polka Dot Tea now stocks a wide range of colours, with more arriving, and we will happily help you select a colour bundle to start your project, or a single colour to use as your background.
The all important guidelines:
* The challenge runs from April 2014-June 26, 2014.
* Projects must be completed and available for show and tell at the CanberraMQG meeting of 26 June 2014. If you can’t make the meeting, that’s ok, just arrange for a friend to bring your project along for you.
* The winner will be decided by popular choice of those present at the CanberraMQG meeting of 26 June 2014.
* Members may make anything they want as long as it is quilted and features either the Michael Miller printed fabric supplied by Michael Miller or the Michael Miller solids offered in the bundle by Polka Dot Tea – if you missed out on getting challenge fabrics direct from Michael Miller, you can pick up a solids bundle at a discounted rate from Polka Dot Tea.
* Members may add in any other solid or any other Michael Miller printed fabric.
* You do not need to use all the fabrics given to you or all of the solids from the purchased bundle.
* Don’t forget to use the #canberramqgchallenge on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!