In 2014, the Braidwood Quilt Event will be holding a Blue and White Challenge. Within that challenge will be a special feature of mini quilts. The quilts will be displayed as part of the Event on 22 & 23 November 2014. All quilts, including Mini Quilts entered will be eligible for the Blue and White Viewer’s choice award. Please read the rules carefully before filling out the online entry form.
- Quilts may be in any style (traditional, art, modern, etc).
- Quilts may include any design elements (including handwork, applique, piecing, whole cloth, improvisation, etc).
- You do not need to be a member of any quilt guild to enter a quilt
- Entry is open to all makers from any country.
- Quilts must have not been previously entered into a Braidwood Quilt Event.
- Quilts must be labeled with the quilt name, makers name and date and have a hanging sleeve.
- Quilts must be provided in a fabric bag (a pillow slip is perfect) labeled with the quilt name, makers name and makers address.
- All quilts entered in the Event must meet the following requirements:
- Be made using PREDOMINANTLY blue and white.
- Have three layers (backing, batting and top) joined together with stitching or tying.
- Have a finished binding on the edge of the quilt.
- Have been made in the past two years.
- If entering a mini quilt: For this Event, a mini quilt is one that measures 24″ or less per side or has a total perimeter of 96”. The quilt can be any shape as long as it does not exceed the size or perimeter limit.
- All of the people who worked on the quilt (paid or not) must be credited on the entry form.
- There will be a Viewer’s Choice award for the quilt which receives the most votes between 9am Saturday 22 November and 2pm Sunday 23 November.
- The Exhibit Organisers reserve the right accept or deny any quilt for display and to reject any quilts that are in poor condition when received and seen in person. Including but not limited to stained or torn fabric (which does not form part of the design), poor craftsmanship, an unfinished quilt or a quilt that does not meet the size requirements. Any quilt that is rejected by the Event Organisers will be returned to the entrant and will not be displayed in the exhibit.
- There are no refunds on entry fees once a quilt has been submitted.
- The decisions of the Event Organisers is final.
- Online entry is preferred however entries will also be accepted by mail to PO Box 370, Dickson, ACT 2602. You can enter your quilt by clicking here http://goo.gl/forms/Kd6iu5arXD
- The closing date for entry is Friday 14 November 2014. ALL Quilts and entry forms must be received no later than 4pm Friday 14 November 2014. Quilts will be accepted at the Canberra Modern Quilt Guild Meeting of 23 October 2014, or by mail to PO Box 370, Dickson, ACT 2602 by Friday 14 November.
- Quilts must be accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed parcel bag for return. The Event Organisers will mail the quilt back to the entrant between 24 and 28 November 2014.
- The entry fee is $10 and provides for entry of up to two quilts. No more than two quilts per entrant will be accepted.
- The Event does not discriminate against entrants based on race, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or marital status.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Julie McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org.